- Household chores can be a fun opportunity to practise English with your child.
- When you are doing the laundry, talk to your child about the colours and fabrics (cotton, wool, etc.) of the clothes.
- Later when you are sorting the clean washing you can practise language for clothes and possessives ('This is Mum's top.' or 'These are Jenny's socks.').
- You can download and print a set of clothes flashcards. Play games with the flashcards to practise clothes vocabulary.
- Talk to your child about their favourite clothes.
- Encourage older children to write about their clothes on our Clothes Your turn.
Write on our Your turn: