- Do the preparation activity to help you with words from the text.
- Read the text then play the game to check your understanding.
- You can also print the worksheets for more practice.
- Remember to read our discussion question and leave a comment!
Title: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Author: Roald Dahl
What's the book about?
The book is about a boy called Charlie. His family is very poor – they don't have much money and they don't have much food.
There is a chocolate factory near Charlie's house. It is Willy Wonka's factory. Willy Wonka invites five children to visit the chocolate factory. The factory is amazing! One child wins a very special prize. Is Charlie the winner?
My favourite character
My favourite character is Charlie because he is very kind. I don't like the other children because they are horrible!
My opinion of the book
This book is great! I love the incredible chocolates and sweets in the factory.
Words to describe the book
I give Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 5 stars.
5 stars = Fantastic!
4 stars = Very good!
3 stars = OK
2 stars = Bad
1 star = Terrible!
Review by: Gabrielle (age 12)
Top tips for writing book reviews!
- Start with the title and author.
- Explain the story but don't say the ending.
- Give your opinion of the book.
- Use adjectives to describe the book.
What kinds of books do you like reading? Tell us about your favourite book!
I read a book called: A Rienda Suelta, it is in spanish. I like because it has horses.BY:María Victoria