- Young children need time to absorb the language before they start to speak English.
- You can help your toddler by talking about their daily activities, for example 'It's time to get dressed! Let's put on your T-shirt, one arm, two arms, that's right!'
- Repetition is essential.
- Your young child will start to say the phrases when they are ready.
- You can also sing a song together about daily routines.
- For more ideas, read our article 'Speaking English at home'.
Sing a song:
Read an article: