- Fairy tales provide a great opportunity for children to listen to a familiar story in English in an imaginative context.
- Choose one which your child already knows in their own language and use a simple version of the story.
- Involve your child in the story-telling by getting them to join in with repetitive words or phrases, for example 'What big eyes you have!'
- Use masks or finger puppets to bring the story to life!
- You'll find animated fairy tales to watch on LearnEnglish Kids.
Make a craft: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/crafts/little-red-riding-hood-finger-puppets
Listen to a story: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/short-stories