Welcome to LearnEnglish Kids. If you are aged 5-12 and want to have fun learning English, you are in the right place! We have lots of free online games, songs, stories, videos and activities for children who want to learn English and have fun.
I want to explore the site.
- Start by trying a game, song, story or video from the homepage of LearnEnglish Kids.
- You can also click on the tabs at the top of the page to explore the different sections on our website.
- Use the ‘A-Z of Topics’ list on the right side of every page to help you find subjects that you are interested in.
- Use the search box at the top right of the page to find activities on specific topics.
I want to learn new vocabulary.
Go to Word games to practise new words. Choose a topic then match words and pictures to learn new vocabulary.
I want to learn about grammar.
Choose a game from the Grammar practice A-Z list to help you with English grammar. You can learn how to use English grammar in a real conversation with our Grammar videos.
I want to read something in English.
- Read a text online or download it in the Reading practice section.
- To help you understand the text, do the preparation task first and then play the game or print the worksheets after you read.
- You can also read along with all the Short stories as you watch online or you can print the stories too.
I want to practise writing.
Our Writing practice section helps you write different types of texts in English. Do the preparation task, read the text, then do the activity. In our Your turn section you can write about lots of interesting topics and post your comments on the site.
I want to write a comment.
We love reading your comments! If you register for the site you can post comments under the games, songs, stories and videos.
Please read the house rules when you register.
I want to practise spelling.
Watch the stories in the Spell section to find out about spelling rules, then complete the worksheet to improve your spelling. Play the games in the Tricky words section to help you learn spelling rules in English.
I want to improve my pronunciation.
Listen to a tongue twister then try to repeat it to help you with your pronunciation. How quickly can you say it? You can also hear and practise English sounds with our stories in the Speak section.
I want to play a game.
Have fun playing in English in our Games section. There are also games to play when you watch the songs, stories and videos and in other sections of the site too!
I have a question.
- Ask your parents or carer to help you register, then you can write comments and ask questions on the site.
- Find lots of other information on our FAQs page.
- Contact us.
I'm sorry to read that the videos aren't working for you. I've tested some videos in several different sections and they all work for me. Perhaps you can try using a different browser.
If you continue to have problems, you can contact us:
LearnEnglish Kids team
None of your videos appear to be working on any devices?