Welcome to LearnEnglish Kids. If you have children aged 5-12 and want to help them learn English, you are in the right place! We have lots of free online games, songs, stories, videos and activities for children who want to learn English and have fun. We also offer guidance to parents and carers on how to support your child learning English.
I want to explore the site.
- Start by trying a game, song, story or video from the main page of LearnEnglish Kids.
- You can also click on the buttons at the top of the page to explore the different sections on our website.
- Use the ‘A-Z of Topics’ list on the right side of every page to help you find subjects that you are interested in.
- The Resources page will help you search by section, level and topic.
- Use the search box on the right of the page to find activities on specific topics.
I want information about courses.
Find out about British Council language courses in our Courses section.
I want information about apps.
Find out about British Council apps in our Apps section.
I need advice on helping my child learn English.
- Our Helping your child section has lots of expert advice on how to help your child learn English.
- Watch our Video tips to see practical examples of activities that you can do with your child to practise English.
- The Top tips section gives simple, easy-to-read ideas for helping your child learn English.
My child needs help with vocabulary.
The games in Word games help your child to practise new words. They can choose a topic then match words and pictures to learn new vocabulary.
My child needs help with grammar.
Your child can choose a game from the Grammar practice A-Z list to help with English grammar. Our Grammar videos help children learn how to use English grammar in real life. Read the description of each video to find the grammar point that is practised.
My child needs help with reading.
Our Reading practice section helps children practise reading at different levels. To help with understanding we recommend that children do the preparation task before they read and also do the other exercises after they read.
My child needs help with writing.
- Our Writing practice section helps children write different types of texts in English, organised by level. They can do the preparation task, read the text, then do the activity.
- We love reading comments from children around the world who use our website. If you help your child to register for the site, they can post a comment under the activities on LearnEnglish Kids.
- In the Your turn section your child can write about lots of interesting topics and post their comments on the site.
My child needs help with spelling.
The stories and worksheets in the Spell section help your child to practise spelling rules in English. The games in the Tricky words section are designed to help your child learn spelling rules in English.
My child needs help with pronunciation.
Listening to a tongue twister then trying to repeat it will help your child with their pronunciation. How quickly can they say it? Your child can also hear and practise English sounds with our stories in the Speak section.