Welcome to LearnEnglish Kids. If you have children aged 5-12 and want to help them learn English, you are in the right place! We have lots of free online games, songs, stories, videos and activities for children who want to learn English and have fun. We also offer guidance to parents and carers on how to support your child learning English.
My child needs help with vocabulary
The games in Word games help your child to practise new words. They can choose a topic then match words and pictures to learn new vocabulary.
My child needs help with grammar
Your child can choose a game from the Grammar practice A-Z list to help with English grammar. Our Grammar videos help children learn how to use English grammar in real life. Read the description of each video to find the grammar point that is practised.
My child needs help with reading
Our Reading practice section helps children practise reading at different levels. To help with understanding we recommend that children do the preparation task before they read and also do the other exercises after they read.
My child needs help with writing
- Our Writing practice section helps children write different types of texts in English, organised by level. They can do the preparation task, read the text, then do the activity.
- We love reading comments from children around the world who use our website. If you help your child to register for the site, they can post a comment under the activities on LearnEnglish Kids.
- In the Your turn section your child can write about lots of interesting topics and post their comments on the site.
My child needs help with spelling
The stories and worksheets in the Spell section help your child to practise spelling rules in English. The games in the Tricky words section are designed to help your child learn spelling rules in English.
My child needs help with pronunciation
Listening to a tongue twister then trying to repeat it will help your child with their pronunciation. How quickly can they say it? Your child can also hear and practise English sounds with our stories in the Speak section.
I need advice on helping my child learn English
- Our Helping your child section has lots of expert advice on how to help your child learn English.
- Watch our Video tips to see practical examples of activities that you can do with your child to practise English.
- The Top tips section gives simple, easy-to-read ideas for helping your child learn English.
English courses for your child
Discover our English courses for children: Primary Plus for ages 6–12 and Secondary Plus for ages 12–17.
Our courses are designed by English language learning experts. We have over 80 years’ experience of teaching English. Classes are taught by highly trained and experienced teachers who bring energy and expertise to every class.
Online English courses for you
As a parent, you may want to improve your own level of English so that you can help and support your child’s learning. Whatever your motivation or level, our highly qualified English teachers are by your side and provide you with the right tools to help you interact confidently in the real world and achieve professional and personal success.
Choose between self-study or teacher-led learning and discover a wide variety of exclusive learning materials to support your study of the English language. Experience live, online group classes, personalised learning pathways, detailed progress tracking and valuable feedback.
Study with our LearnEnglish apps
We have a selection of apps for both adult learners and primary learners.
Follow us on social media
Follow us on our Facebook where we share lots of interesting videos and links. Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel too!