- Reading storybooks with your child is an enjoyable way to practise English together.
- Choose books with illustrations and let your child decide which one they want to read each time.
- Don't be surprised if your child has a favourite story which they want to hear again and again!
- As you tell the story, point to the pictures and describe the images too.
- Better still, ask your child what they can see in the picture.
- There is lots of useful information in our article about learning English through picture books.
- You can also watch our video tip to see a family using picture books.
Read an article:
Watch a video tip: