- Encourage your child to draw a picture and talk about the picture in English.
- You can ask questions like 'Who is it?', 'What colour is it?', 'How many children are there?'
- You can then ask them to write or copy a sentence under the picture to describe it, for example 'I'm at the park.'
- The sentence should be appropriate to your child's level of English.
- Help your child with language as necessary and of course give them lots of praise for their efforts!
- For more creative activities, have a look at our Crafts section.
- Children can also practise vocabulary with our colouring pages.
Make a craft:
Print a colouring page:
What a good idea! I've passed your idea on to our team. Thanks for the suggestion.
Best wishes, Tina (LearnEnglishKids Team)