Timmy and his friends Ruffy and Otus from the TV series Timmy Time are back in our English language learning app! In Timmy's Learning New Skills, we bring you more games to challenge your child's cognitive skills and help language development.
The app is designed for kids aged three to six learning English. If English is your first language, the app could be suitable for children as young as two years old.
Play three exciting games in this educational app to help your child learn words, phrases and cognitive skills such as identifying and sorting.
- NEW I-Spy – find hidden objects to learn new vocabulary, identify objects and boost concentration. As children progress, objects get harder to find, requiring serious focus!
- Magic Box – place items in the box and learn how to categorise and organise items by type and colour. The game gets more and more challenging when we introduce multiple boxes so that children learn advanced sorting skills.
- Rub-a-Dub – listen to the narrator and swipe away feathers, buttons, paint and paper to identify objects hidden beneath. The game starts with single words such as 'pear' and 'pencil' and builds up to complex phrases such as 'basketball hoop' and 'three green paintbrushes' so children are challenged as they advance.
All the games are designed to develop a range of skills, including hand–eye co-ordination, concentration, and motor and cognitive skills. Children are guided by an audio narration in all the games and are encouraged to tap, swipe and drag in all the games.
As children advance in the app they earn lots of rewards, including new themed stickers and video clips of Timmy and his friends.
Features parents and teachers will love:
- more challenging games that boost children's listening, cognitive and motor skills and encourage them to make choices
- intuitive design that has been developed using feedback from parents and children
- no in-app purchases or adverts
- games help children to boost their vocabulary, hand–eye co-ordination and concentration
- a great way to enable children to practise their colours and numbers
- stickers and video rewards help children keep motivated to work their way through the app
Children will love:
- colourful and exciting games that reward them with stickers and videos
- new sticker scenes to unlock – simply tap the trophy button at any time to play with the stickers and watch the video clips
- encouragement from their favourite characters
- fun while learning and practising new skills.
Discover more ways to learn with Timmy
If your child enjoyed playing Timmy's Learning New Skills, they may also enjoy Timmy's First Words and Timmy's Starting to Read designed by the British Council and Aardman, the Academy Award®-winning animation studio. What's more, you may like to discover more about Learning Time with Timmy, our innovative learning experience for children aged two to six years.
Learning Time with Timmy includes face-to-face courses, three educational apps and an online series available on YouTube and TV to help your child to develop and become a confident learner of English. It also includes a free online course for you. English in Early Childhood on FutureLearn is for parents, early years teachers and practitioners on how to help children get the most out of their English language learning experience.