- Read English books with your child as often as you can.
- If possible choose the books together at a bookshop or library.
- You can try to build up a small collection of English books at home.
- Let your child choose which book they would like to read each time.
- Watch our video tip to see how a young family uses picture books.
- Older children can enjoy reading with a parent too!
- Find out more in our article about using books with older children and teenagers.
Watch a video tip:
Read an article: